Scenarios are drawn from the lived experiences of young people and explore all facets of interactions, including online behavior and digital communications.
Here’s what we cover:
Module 1: Help Seeking
Learning how to seek help for yourself and others during difficult situations and identifying who to turn to.
Module 2: Consent & Pornography
Building year 8 students understanding of affirmative consent and critical thinking of pornography.
Module 3: Grooming
Year 8 students learn how to identify red flags associated with grooming and online safety.
Module 4: Gender & Sexual Identity
Year 8 students will build an understanding of diverse gender and sexual identities and why it is important to be respectful.
By completing To Future Me, young people can achieve these learning objectives:
- Build awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Increase awareness of grooming behaviour and separation of grooming myths from reality
- Build understanding of CSE and associated levels of risk
- Increase understanding of affirmative consent
- Increase understanding of the law of the age of consent
- Increase understanding of the nuances around diverse identities
- Increase ability to recognise when relationships are becoming unhealthy/dangerous
- Awareness on when to seek help and speak to a trusted adult
Any Australian school or organisation engaging with year 8 students can purchase to To Future Me to access the content for their students or members.
An interactive learning platform, it is designed for users to make their way through the course topics, engaging with videos and quizzes to establish understanding along the way.
Once a class or group account is established, the course can be accessed through a computer or device.